Friday, April 27, 2007

SPDC Update, Fraudhalt Details

SeamusF dropped in on the forums today and had an update :

Hi,

Seeing as nobody must read my comments (:tongue:) I had said that we were doing update 1.4. during this week.
Updated modules and a new module will go up by close of business today along with the version update. You may experience intermittent log on difficulties before that.

Are you guys experiencing withdrawal symptoms yet!! LOL!

Cheers

S
It seems the SPDC is ranked up with cocaine as far as addictiveness.

Also today, chili fries asks:
Were Mike and Sean working on Fraudhalt's ATM surveillance system when they "discovered" the Orbo effect? Has Sean discussed that? Did Fraudhalt have the right of first refusal?

< http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single8164 >

"FraudHalt is finalising a deal with one of Ireland’s largest banks to roll out an ATM surveillance system that can detect if the machine has been compromised by criminals."
SeamusF replies:
Hi Chilli Fries,

Good find on that article, I hadn’t seen it.

To clarify a couple of points that you asked. This is the same surveillance system that highlighted the “anomaly” when we were looking at power options for the monitoring system. The “anomaly” was put aside until the surveillance project was handed over to Fraudhalt. A lot of our early work with Fraudhalt was also on the Discmatch and the hologram verification projects.

On your first refusal point, which I assume is in regard to Orbo. Once we started looking at the initial "anomaly" it took us a couple of months to realise we had what we thought (:surprised:) had.

We are all delighted for numerous reasons that things are really starting to take off for Fraudhalt as their tech offerings are really a significant technological step-up in fraud prevention.

Cheers

S
The orbo creation story has always fascinated me. It's amazing that Steorn went from developing surveillance systems, etc to being a multi million dollar funded free energy company.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's one of the things I don't buy, the jump from doing the systems development work to finding the Orbo effect.

It seems like an unlikely series of events... that they'd just happen to have personel sufficiently skilled in the specific area of wind turbines to think they could 'make them more efficient' by altering the configuration. Did they have any history at all in this area beforehand? I don't think so.

If the Orbo effect is real I think it is much more likely that it was something that they were working on for years, using investment cash that was intended for fraud prevention tech and not telling the money men. A side project that one of their engineers convinced Sean was worth siphoning cash into. Then they had to tie the ends together when they wend public so came up with the nonsense about hacking open a wind turbine.

Anonymous said...

"It seems the SPDC is ranked up with cocaine as far as addictiveness."

I think this a pretty good assesment. However, I've not been on the Steorn forums at all since Wed night. I'm also addicted to Woot.com ... and they had a woot-off Wed night through Fri evening. It's insane entertainment and renders one completely useless to society for the duration of the woot-off. Now I've slept a bit and things are getting back to "normal".

I just want to say something.

You cannot classify me as a "believer". Maybe a fence sitter, but closer to a skeptic.

But I have come to the conclusion that Steorn is NOT a fraud. I find all of the talk of fraud to be irritating. I think they probably have found something. I doubt that it will seriously mitigate the world's need for hydrocarbon based energy sources. I doubt in the long run that the physics bookkeeping system that is conservation of energy will be done away with. It is my hope that we learn something new.

I have had an enormous amount of fun and have learned a lot because of Steorn's openness with their "find". It has cost me nothing (well, I have been buying some equipment). No fraud there.

One of the things that I do is place cameras in very remote locations. I MYSELF considered wind energy because the single most difficult aspect of the projects is getting power. The problem is that micro wind turbines do not provide enough "juice" to sufficiently power the project. I considered working on the turbine, but instead turned to Solar as a more stable solution. The whole ATM / wind turbine thing gives them an enormous amount of credibility in my eyes because I've traveled the same road.

You can twist what I'm saying around if you think you need to, but I'm telling you straight what I think: I do not believe Sean/Steorn is a fraud. period.

Also, since you are moderating the comments, please turn OFF word verification. It doesn't really work that well.

Anonymous said...

I think they may very well be truthful about the wind generator story. The one thing that seems imperative to me about Steorn's story is that they be naive about the history and attendant implications of claiming OU. A "jack of many trades, master of none" trait fits well with this. It's very plausible that they came up with a strange measurement and went with it. Sometimes it's very difficult to analyze and isolate such measurement errors. Anyway, I still think they are in way over their heads.

Gaby de Wilde said...

no new speculations?

Unknown said...

Why is Seamus using my "patented" smilies with pigtails?
LOL
Mags :-)

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever noticed these couple of comments?:
http://www.steorn.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1951&page=1#Item_0
A certain 'Beckett' says he knows of two individuals who invested in Steorn. He mentions that Steorn has raised 15 million in investments (which corresponds with Sean's 'well over 14 million'). He says he has the figure from the sunday business post article about steorn, but it's not mentioned there. Could of course be coincidence. A search for 'Beckett' and 'Steorn' gave a couple of instances where a 'Sam Beckett' posted a comment on blog stories about Steorn (in the same period), reffering people to steornpower.com. That is the website owned by steorn-forum poster 'justinrossetti'
(http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=56351).
Wonder if he knows more about possible investors in Steorn.

Anonymous said...

I think it's been noted on a thread or two in the past that no expert in the field would bother trying to improve the efficiency of a microturbine by tinkering with the generator, because it really won't accomplish anything. Seem to recall Sean noting once that he wishes they'd known that when they started playing with the turbines.

Anonymous said...

Listen to Seamusf! He talks like he had a hand in the discovery and research!

'This is the same surveillance system that highlighted the “anomaly” when we were looking at power options for the monitoring system. The “anomaly” was put aside until the surveillance project was handed over to Fraudhalt. A lot of our early work with Fraudhalt was...'

'Once we started looking at the initial "anomaly" it took us a couple of months to realise we had what we thought we had.'

I wonder if SeamusF working Steorn has anything to do with his and his familys investments in Steorn?

I noticed very few other staff members listed as shareholders in the annual return from the Irish share office and none with what is presumably a family member as well (same surname and address!), thought it strange!

I hear nepotism is rife in Ireland..