Saturday, March 3, 2007

Silent No More

On the 19th of August, 2006, I saw the headlines on a lot of the tech sites I read: "Irish Company Claims Free Energy". I eat this stuff up, so I started monitoring Steorn's forums and other sites like SteornWatch.com. Unfortunately SteornWatch.com burnt out very quickly, and no other site really focuses their energy on a daily discussion of Steorn.

I don't blame them really. There is a 99.999% chance that Steorn is full of it, and that they have some other agenda other than what they claim.

So why my interest in Steorn? Well, first off, if there is a 0.001% chance that they have what they are claiming, that's pretty amazing. But more interesting to me and more realistically I want to get to the bottom of what Steorn is all about. Current theory's abound. During the time I've spent on the forums reading, I've seen a lot of deep thought go into possibilities. I've also seen Sean, the CEO of Steorn, do his best to answer questions on the forum. In fact, I would have to say that for a CEO of a well funded startup with outrageous claims and a world of industry to tackle and a scientific community to convince, he's made it one of his priorities to discuss Steorn and it's claims on their forum.

To date I haven't registered or posted on their forums. I've had discussions with friends, including physicists, about this whole thing. We are all interested in getting to the bottom of this. To me this is as good as waiting for the next week of Lost. With Steorn's current claims, we should all have a good feeling for whats going on by the end of this year. In the mean time, I hope to elucidate some of the conversations that Steorn participates in on the forums so that more people out there can get a feel for what is going on. I also hope to dig into any interesting developments.

Enjoy,

SteornTracker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I've occasionally thought that something like this would be very useful, but I don't have the time or patience to do it myself.

Maybe one day I'll be able to leave the forum entirely and just follow the developments on this blog? And thus avoid getting pulled into pointless arguments about global warming, politics, or Britney Spears?