Thursday, March 15, 2007

SPDC Discussion

There's no doubt that Steorn is interested in magnets. From their test rigs to the SPDC, they clearly have put in a lot of engineering time. In the forum today, the members of the new SPDC post on their initial feelings about the content on the site, and whether it has persuaded them one way or the other. Crank has this to say:

Nothing in the SPDC so far has changed my opinion. I'm about 2/3rd of the way across on the fence - I'm 60% unbeliever because 'it's impossible', 40% believer because I don't see why they'd have put so much effort (and money) into something that wasn't true, and I can't find another logical explanation.
What are other possible logical explanations? As for why they launched the SPDC, if they were a scam, the SPDC may be their vehicle. Here are a couple of interesting quotes from the same discussion:

From oak:
I don't plan to participate in SPUD feedback polls like this in the future, because I don't think it's my place to suggest I've learned some secret information in the SPDC that, if outsiders also knew it, might convince them one way or the other.
From tewkatz:
The forums were a single community, skeptics and believers alike, watching Steorn from the outside...there is now a division that will inevitably grow.
As these forum members point out, SPDC may be a powerful tool for Steorn to either convince outsiders, or also to brainwash SPDC members. I'm confident that most of the SPDC members will be vigilant. I also hope that there is no reason for them to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of the SPDC userse were registered the 12. mar 2007, but the following 6 users were registered the 6. mar 2007 :
Administrator
Alan Wall
Brian Coyle
Richard Walshe
Sean McCarthy
Shaun Menzies

Do you think they hav entered the SPDC club to learn or to teach ?

The security on the SPDC forum was rather bad the first few days. I have compiled a list of 206 user accounts.....